Thursday, September 8, 2016

Rogue Trader: Ship's Crew

Somewhere in the Wailing Reach, seven brave spacefarers disembark from their ship, ready for anything...This was a project I'd been wanting to get started on for a long time.  I wanted a crew of seven, same size as the crew of the Nostromo in Alien.  For a long, long time the missing link was the navigator, as I was never able to find him for sale for less than about 30 bucks.  Then about two weeks ago he appeared as a buy it now for 10 and I snatched him up.  The same day he arrived in the mail, I started painting up my ship's crew.
Here's the Captain.  The blonde hair and beard make me think of Zaphod Beeblebrox.
And the first officer...
Tech Priest and Engineer.  The Engineer is the only non GW figure in the bunch.  No idea who manufactured him.  I like him, though. 
He came in a lot with two other space ship crew figures, but unfortunately these were of such poor quality that they were unusable and I threw 'em in the junk heap.  Weird lack of facial details!
Gunner, navigator and the ship's doctor/science officer/imperial ecologist...The navigator is a big figure...he towers head and shoulders over his ship-mates!
The gunner ready for action.  Possibly my favorite mini of the group...
 ...though it's hard to choose beween him and this fellow! 

Got to love the mad doctors!

10 comments:

  1. Excellent! Great group, the gunner is indeed a very nice mini and a great paint job. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! I'm hoping to crank out a lot more Rogue Tradery stuff here in the near future...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's hard to beat that first wave of 40k minis...the adventurers...the orks..the elder..all so great!

      Delete
  3. The engineer is a Spacelords mini, Moonraker sell them in the UK. Lovely crew you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paul! And thanks for solving the mystery of the engineer. Also solves the mystery as to the identity of some other space marine looking miniatures I bought in a bargain box in San Francisco about 15 years ago or so and have had ever since. I see now that they are "Phagon Battle Clones". Some nice civilian figures in this line. Very useful for Rogue Trader, I would think. Too bad the details on my other crew figures were so poor...maybe they were knock offs/re-casts...

      Delete
  4. Had most of these on the wants list for some time now - they look great buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Thantsants! Been collecting them slowly over the last...four years, I think. Haha...

      Delete
  5. Terrific looking crew, Mr. Mouse. Especially like the First Officer.

    ReplyDelete