Saturday, March 28, 2015

K is for Korred

The Korred are part of that large family of mysterious and seldom seen creatures who inhabit many of those abandoned and time-worn dwelling places which are to be found throughout the Western lands.  Innumerable tales and legends surround the doings of these faerie folk.  Many believe them to be the last descendants of lost races whose civilizations were destroyed by the powers of chaos during the long and painful decline of the West.
 Whatever their origin, the Korred concern themselves now mainly with singing and dancing by moonlight, and with random acts of kindness as well as mischief.  The Korred can be helpful friends.  Many tales speak of their giving shelter to adventurers in lost caverns or tombs, casting spells to befuddle monsters and other enemies. or guiding a party through dangerous country.
You will note that Mr. Korred is not standing on the Big Board.  This is because he is in Texas where my unit is having to spend 3 weeks decoupling from the Pentagonal Colossus.  It's the sort of thing that could easily be achieved in about 3 days, but it's the government, so everything takes seven times as long as it should.  I knew I'd have a lot of time on my hands while I was here, so I brought Mr. Korred and some other friends, mostly Rogue Trader types.  Well, I'm going to take Mr. Korred out for a sandwich.  Hope to check in tomorrow with a finished squad of space scum for my long-neglected Rogue Trader campaign.

5 comments:

  1. Great painting and background story, is the Korred from MM2? I don't recognise the figure either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, he's in MM2. The figure was part of an official line of D&D figures TSR released in about 1983.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mouse,

    I'm just seeing this guy now - what a wonderful mini! He reminds me a bit of Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like him too. He has a nice Rodney Matthews feel to him, don't you think?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, you're right! Maybe that's the Jethro Tull connection for me?

      Delete