Sunday, May 31, 2015

Star Wars: Rebel Pilots!


5 dashing Rebel fighter jocks, scrambling to their birds.  Or maybe they are rushing to defend their hangar against ground assault?  Or maybe it's an X-Wing Down  scenario?  I dunno, but it was good fun modeling and painting this group.  Again, all the figures are by Grenadier, made for West End Games' Star Wars Miniatures Battles.  Two have been converted.
Brave Sullustan Pilot ready to get down with his heavy blaster pistol....

Using a nifty invention called a Jeweler's saw, I removed the head of a second Sullustan model and swapped it out with a Chadra Fan non combatant figure from the cantina box set to make this Chadra fan pilot...I think he came out ok...
Fun stuff...


The second conversion is the pilot to the right in this picture.  I swapped out his original head with one pared from the Luke on Tattooine model from the A New Hope boxed set.  The female pilot is from the series of blisters Grenadier released to support their Dark Stryder campaign.  I don't think she is a Guthrie sculpt, the Dark Stryder models are noticeably more husky than most of the other models in the Grenadier Star Wars line.  The character in the Dark Stryder Campaign is a redhead.  As much as I love ginger girls, I decided to make her a brunette after I found Scruffy Rebel's Rebel girl photos while googling about looking for inspiration...
The last pilot...

"Man your ships...and let The Force be with you!"


10 comments:

  1. Arhhh so good mate, I have a few pilots that need doing for my WEG goodies. Working on 2 Dark Jedi (Or rival non-Banite Sith I havn't made my mind up yet) at the moment using converted WEG Lesser Force Users :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yarrgh! Thanks, Chico! With our powers combined, we'll bring the galaxy to its knees!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely superb, I especially love the conversions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Michael! I plan on doing quite a few more conversions with my collection.

      Delete
  3. Terrific stuff Mouse. Both you and Chico are really feeling the Force at the moment. Wonderful conversion of a Chadra Fan pilot too. Inspirational stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great conversions mouse, perfect orange jumpsuits as well. Did you use washers for bases? They turned out quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, 24 cigs! I used 25mm bases by Last Stand bought through Horde o' bits on ebay. I like them a lot and use them for all of my smaller 25mm stuff.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic stuff, Mouse! But that picture of the female pilot on the rocks!! I think it is time to buy my wife an orange Flight Suit! I love that picture and I can help but feel that inspiration too - perhaps it is time for an all female X-wing squadron, or better yet, an all female Y-Wing group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, P.W. Yeah I don't usually care about cosplay stuff, but Scruffy Rebe does really cool stuff. Quite inspirational.

      Delete