Monday, September 28, 2026

Evil and His Phantom Servants

"EVIL came out rather well..."
 
...It certainly did.  These are 3d printed figures by the mighty Big Mr. Tong.  I have been sending him a good deal of money since I discovered his awesome old school metal 40k figures.  He keeps coming out with more and more wonderful pop culture candy for old bastards like me whose tastes are rooted in the 70s and 80s.
I have vivid memories of watching Time Bandits for the first time at my friend Pete's house when we were both in grammar school. It's still one of my all time favorites today.
Evil's wraith-like automaton servants provided one of the films innumerable powerful images.  But like so many other images and characters in the film, they had no real explanation.  Gilliam never bothers to provide is with sidebar Exposition as to how and why the Wraiths or the Sea Giant or Mr. and Mrs. Ogre came into being.  What the hell were they all about?  They had no mythological relatives that I could think of.  They came straight out of Gilliam's imagination and he sold them to us so expertly that I immediately believed in all of them and loved them.


Well, some of these creatures of my childhood are now lurking amoungst the terrain on The Big Board, much to my delight.  Here Evil leads his minions through some terrain I recently built with broken pieces of toys and tools that I found laying around in my driveway and barn.

I haven't made up any rules for them yet, but I am sure I will find a role for them of some kind in my Rogue Trader games.




                         "Reeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!"
         Evil prepares to turn you into a swine!

No comments:

Post a Comment