Saturday, March 30, 2019

Narfregg Stunty Slayer's Orc boys!!!


Another Odoriferous addition to the ranks of Big Blackie's Orc and Goblin horde arrives in the form of Narfregg Stunty Slayer's war band...
Driven by an insatiable desire for revenge against the Dwarves of Thunder Mount who have often tried to defend themselves against him, (How dare they??) Nardregg often leads his clan into battle alongside the other mobs of Big Blackie's horde.
Of course Nardregg and his gang are more than happy to "Git Revenge!!" against humans, skaven or just about anybody else really...
It is possible that revenge is a word that means something other than what they think it means.  No matter.  It has become their motto, regardless.  The drummer is a nice Alternative Armies figure, a goblin I think.  Its not obvious from the photo, but he is chained to a stake in the ground, from which we can conclude that his presence in Nardregg's war band is not entirely voluntary.
Standard bearer....toofy fellow...grr...
My favorite lad of the lot.  I'm afraid some of the paint jobs on these lads are none too splendid, but then its hard to tell, cause I'm now officially old and cant see anymore.  I feel like I cant even tell if these pictures are blurry or not.
Bought myself a pair of readers at the drug store the other day, got em home, looked at some of my little metal friends and was astounded at the difference.  No wonder I haven't been painting lately.  I haven't been able to flippin' see!
This guy came out ok, I think.  My wife has been wearing glasses her whole life and doesn't know why I've been trying to fight it.  "Look at me, I've been wearing glasses since I was a kid!"  she says.  Well, sure but this wasn't something I was born with.  For me, this is a symptom of getting old...so hell yeah, I fought it out to the last full measure!  Why not?  But the fight is over.  I've lost.  Glasses for painting now.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll get better!
The three regiments that make up the army's main battle line...Waaaggghhh!!!  The army's well past the 3k point mark now and not even one regiment of cavalry yet!  Maybe that should be the next addition...

4 comments: