Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kobold War Party


 Well...there's only three of them, and three Kobolds don't amount to much...unless, of course, they happen to be Tucker's Kobolds...so maybe it's more of a Kobold get-together, or a Kobold dinner party or something...rather than a War Party.  This is all I have and/or can find of this wonderful old Grenadier set...I have the axeman somewhere...and will paint him up as soon as I can find him, but he's hiding for now...the fifth and hardest to come by is the fellow with the spaghetti-strainer helmet and the warhammer...I been looking for him for ages, as well...but packs from this beautiful old Official D&D line seem to have not been made in particularly great numbers...and show up on ebay only rarely...




This swordsman has always been my favorite, I think...always figured he was probably the leader of the pack...
 The clubber...
 The other swordsman...


 The old monster card from many a moon ago...there were wide differences of opinion amoung the various D&D illustrators as to what Kobolds looked like.  The resemblance between these figures and the old depiction of the monster in the MONSTER CARD is unmistakable, though.  They're obviously related.


I can remember being a little kid, playing with this set, when Reagan was President....
Ah...Nostalgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment