Sunday, September 27, 2020

Dead Men Space Marines Assault Squad

 

A new squad for my Rogue Trader Space Marine fore, which is getting pretty close to being finished now.  11 mighty champions of the Emperor, ready to dive upon the unrighteous with wailing chainswords and buzzing power axes.  Heretics, beware! 
The Squad Leader, Big Sarge and some friends...
Oh my God!  Big Sarge, what happened to your face?!  One eye appears to be way lower than the other, or have I just mis-read this?  The sculptor dropped the ball here on what is otherwise a terrific mini.  Maybe it's supposed to be a mass of scar tissue around his right eye?  Or maybe he's a mutant...?
Plasma pistol conversion.  I couldn't find an assault marine with plasma pistol figure but Army list says you're supposed to have one in your assault squad so I converted this one.
Bloody big eighties hair!!  Motorhead hair!  Brian Ansell and Andy Chambers circa 1987 prepare their assault!
Andy attacks!
Chainsword brothers prepare to bound skyward!
"Die, Heretic!"
I still want one more tactical squad, a devastator squad, some scouts and a Thudd gun, and I have two Land Speeders at home waiting for me to put them together and paint them, but that should be about it for the Dead Men Space Marines. Dang, I want to get home!

2 comments:

  1. Whoosh warhammer, 40k, games workshop whoosh, straight over my head I'm afraid, but it's always good to be near completion of a force, although it sounds like you still have someway to go, especially not having completed your Thudd gun. I mean everyone needs a Thudd gun - don't they. Just remind me - what is a Thudd gun, I'm sure everyone else here knows what one is, I feel a bit left out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoo don know wudda 'Fudd Gun' iz? Woy. issa big Gunn as goes "FUDD!!!" when ya shoot it oy? Watch, Oi'll show ye. 'Ere, see? Oi do dat and...FUDD!!! FUDD!!! FUDD!!! Now oll dat over dere is all on foire wif da flames and de 'sploshuns and...Ahhhh...dat's noice, roight? ...Yeh. Lookit dem flames...purty. Smell dat, eh? ...Yew wont some 'ot chokklett?
      ...Oh. Wow. Got transported there a little bit. Thudd gun looks like a sort of a cross between a little field artillery piece and a Nebelwerfer. It's a fun little model from the very old days. Pretty expensive nowadays, but the model has character, so I want one.

      Delete